Palestine is on fire. Since yesterday night, Palestinian villages of Huwara, Burin, Asira Qabliya, Beita, Beit Furiq and Za’atara in South Nablus district have been under full attack by Israeli settlers, supported by their military. Settlers all across the West Bank have attacked people and their lands, burned their homes, streets and cars. Over 100 Palestinians have been injured.
This is part of apartheid Israel’s long term – and now dramatically escalating – strategy to deny Palestinians their very right to exist, destroy their villages and to ethnically cleanse them from their land.
TODAY the UN Human Rights Council starts its sessions. It is time to act NOW.
Israels latest onslaught makes today’s Global Day of Online Action, prepared together with the #EndEthnicCleansing network, ever more urgent.
Please join us to tell the UN it’s time to:
- Uphold Palestinian rights
- Stop Israel’s impunity
- Dismantle Israeli apartheid.
You can find more about how to join below.
United we prevail,
Stop the Wall Campaign, February 27, 2023
SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT
Global Day of Online Action
Monday February 27
In the occasion of the start of the 52nd session of the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC), the #EndEthnicCleansing network promotes this Global Day of Online Action to:
- Raise awareness that Israel’s 75 years old ethnic cleansing of Palestinians is intensifying.
- Demand concrete international action to end Israel’s impunity, including through sanctions and an end to military and security ties – Let’s tell them that time has run out to deplore and condemn.
- Call on the UN to comply with its duty to end apartheid and demand it re-activates its mechanisms to fight apartheid.
- Join boycott and divestment campaigns against bulldozer companies JCB (@JCBmachines), Hyundai Heavy Industries (@HyundaiHeavyInd), Volvo (@VolvoGroup) and other corporations that enable and profit from Israel’s ethnic cleansing.
- Support Palestinian steadfastness against the ongoing colonization of their land.
The imminent threat of the ethnic cleansing of over 1000 people in 14 villages in Masafer Yatta region is paradigmatic. Unfortunately, it is only one of many places where Palestinians are resisting apartheid Israel’s strategy of expulsion that stretches from the Galilee to the Jordan Valley, spanning almost the entire area C of the occupied West Bank and reaching the Naqab in the south.
SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT