Thanks to those who attended our webinar “On the Ground Jewish Solidarity with Palestinian Resistance in Masafer Yatta” with Peter Beinart, Awdah Hathaleen, Nur Zahor, and Zack Witus. If you didn’t have a chance to see it, you can watch the recording. The testimony by our panelists was emotional and powerful.
It was apparent that the expulsion of Palestinians from Masafer Yatta is happening right under our noses in daily increments. Many left the webinar wanting to take action. Below are resources and suggested actions for you to take today!
- The Voice of Women of Masafer Yatta video produced by Nur Zahor.
- The Center for Jewish Nonviolence video describing the solidarity work on the ground in Masafer Yatta.
- Follow Awdah Hathaleen’s writing on Humans of Masafer Yatta.
- Article: Palestinian Kids Miss School After Israel Halts Army Escort to Protect Them From Settlers
TAKE ACTION NOW
- Learn about Masafer Yatta and why what’s happening there is important.
- Read about the plight of Hafez Hureini, the Palestinian jailed last week for attacking a settler, when a video clearly shows the settlers initiating the attack.
- SIGN THE PETITION to free Hafez Hureini
- Follow us on Twitter: @SoHebronWatch
- Follow us on Facebook
Join us for an exciting webinar, moderated by Peter Beinart, exploring the role of Jewish activists as they join Palestinian-led resistance to the escalating violence of the Israeli occupation. Together, they stand against the state policy enabling daily army and settler violence, home demolitions, and mass expulsions in Masafer Yatta.
The webinar will focus on the connections between Jews (diaspora and Israeli) and Palestinians in the justice movement in Masafer Yatta. We will discuss the imbalance of power and the responsibility Jewish activists have in standing in solidarity, the personal transformations that take place through this work together, how each of the speakers carries this work forward, and the central importance that this joint struggle activism has. Going beyond personal connections, the work creates space for us to stand up together against Israeli settler and army violence and oppression, and make an impact today and in the future.
- Peter Beinart, moderator – journalist and professor of journalism at CUNY.
- Nur Zahor – an Israeli Arabic and Hebrew teacher and activist in Masafer Yatta.
- Awdah Hathaleen – Palestinian Human rights activist, English teacher, and journalist from Masafer Yatta
- Zak Witus – Young Leadership & Education Coordinator for New Israel Fund and a recent participant in the Center For Jewish Nonviolence Sustained Solidarity Hineinu delegation in Masafer Yatta.
South Hebron Hills Watch is a group of Israeli American volunteers who forged a strong connection with Palestinian residents of the South Hebron Hills and Jewish activists who are providing witness and physical support to these communities. We are not affiliated with any political party or organization but partner with like-minded people and organizations that support nonviolent activity on the ground and amplify the plight of these Palestinian families in the face of a broader effort to remove them from their lands. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.