Monday, April 17 – Monday, April 24: UW Justice for Palestine Week
Wednesday, April 19: Public Forum on F35 Jet Noise vs Children
Tuesday, April 25: Online Talk: “Apartheid S. Africa! Apartheid Israel!”
Friday, April 28: Annual Middle East Studies Conference at UW-Madison
AND…Article of the Week:
Storytelling and Survival in Gaza: American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) interviews “Light in Gaza” contributor Refaat Alareer.
Monday, April 17 – Monday, April 24
UW-Madison Students for Justice in Palestine Presents
Join us in raising awareness about Isr*el’s ongoing regime of occupation, settler-colonialism, and apartheid, and showing your support and solidarity with Palestine by:
• Wearing your keffiyehs around campus and Madison all week!
• 4/17: Learning about the militarization of Palestinian daily life and advocating to stop US aid to Isr*el at the MECHA house
• 4/18: Displaying the Mock Apartheid Wall at Library Mall
• 4/19: Supporting the Palestinian Children’s Relief Fund by buying a keffiyeh or directly donating here (https://pcrf1.app.neoncrm.com/sjpuwmadison)
• 4/20: Attending a panel discussion to hear first-hand experiences in the West Bank and ’48 territories at our Justice for Palestine Night
NOTE: MRSCP Member Cassandra Dixon will be one of the panelists!
• 4/24: Watching and discussing a film that sheds light on Palestinian struggles at the Marquee
Follow SJP on Instagram (@sjpuwmadison) for more details. We hope to see you at some of the biggest events we have planned for the semester.
SJP at UW-Madison Linktree | Instagram | Facebook
Wednesday, April 19
A free public forum on How Military Jet Noise Impacts Children
United Methodist Church
3705 N. Sherman Avenue, Madison
7 to 9 p.m.
Preview the new Safe Skies Clean Water Coalition video. Participate in a Question & Answer session with experts. Discover how dangerous military jet noise affects children’s development, learning ability, and mental health.
A squadron of nuclear-capable, stealth F-35A fighter jets is expected to roar into Madison within weeks. These planes are 4 times louder than the F-16s they replace.
It’s not too late to take action and try to turn back the F-35s! Plan to attend this event to learn how you can help Protect Our Children.
Public Forum April 19: Protect Our Children From F-35s
Sponsored by the folks at Safe Skies Clean Water Wisconsin
Tuesday, April 25
Webinar on Israel and South Africa Apartheid
11 am CT
Israeli Committee Against Home Demolitions (ICAHD) presents a conversation with South African-born Rev. Brian Brown, author of the 2022 book Apartheid South Africa! Apartheid Israel!
A former activist against the South African Apartheid regime, Rev. Brown will discuss with ICAHD-USA board co-chair Robert Herbst the ways in which the State of Israel has and has not replicated South African apartheid, and the lessons he has learned from his analysis.
More information and registration.
Friday, April 28
In person event