Join us in campaigning to protect child prisoners on the 17th April, marking the International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian Prisoners.
We need you to help raise awareness of the mistreatment of Palestinian children by sharing our ready made infographics on your social media throughout tomorrow. Please post 2 or 3 of the images at the end of this email, also to be found on our website, with the hashtag #freechildprisoners .
Please also take the opportunity to write to Congress to ensure that pressure remains for action in holding Israel accountable for violating the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
Under Israeli Military Detention, Palestinian children as young as 12 are routinely:
• Taken from their homes in night time raids at gunpoint
• Blindfolded, bound and shackled
• Interrogated without a lawyer or relative and with no audio-visual recording
• Put into solitary confinement
• Forced to sign confessions – often in Hebrew, a language they do not understand