January – February 2015
- Mornings in Jenin Book Group
- International Festival at Overture Center
- Norman Finkelstein at UW-Madison
- Rafah Filmmaker Fida Qishta at the Memorial Union
- Rafah Filmmaker Fida Qishta at First United Methodist Church and Milton United Methodist Church
- Samira Project Children’s Counseling
- The 90 mile Wisconsin Walk for Peace and Justice from Madison to Volk Field to ground the drones
- Gaza one year on Jon Snow finds the wreckage remains
- Fighting Bob Fest leafleting, petitioning, sticker distribution, banner display and our life-sized “Hippocrat” and “Hypocrisy Now Quiz” for a copy of the new graphic novel Baddawi.
- Palestinian activist Haitham Salawdeh on WORT, a relative of the infant killed by Israeli settlers who fire bombed their house in the West Bank last month
- GoFundMe campaigns for UW-Madison Students for Justice in Palestine and Anees Mansour in Rafah
- Non-Violent Responses to the Israeli Occupation at Sequoya Library
- Palestinian-American Leila Abdelrazaq Speaks at Wisconsin Book Festival about her graphic novel Baddawi
- Wisconsin Book Festival’s Leila Abdelrazaq And “Baddawi” on WORT 89.9FM
- Steven Salaita on WORT’s A Public Affair
- Demanding Freedom For Shireen Issawi
- Seeds of the Conflict: Colonial Zionism in Palestine and Israel, UW-Madison Students for Justice in Palestine present Professor Seif Da’na
- Room No. 4, Photos and Speaker Sahar Abbasi Baidon
- John Quinlan Interviews Sahar Abbasi Baidon from Silwan, East Jerusalem
- New York City Cultural Boycott Pledge
- Friends of Khuza’a New Mexico sister city project
- In Solidarity: From Ferguson to Mexico to Palestine, UW-Madison Students for Justice in Palestine
- MECA Shop Palestine opens
- Orchard Ridge United Church of Christ Fair-Trade Fair
- Madison’s Fair Trade Holiday Festival
- Live Webcast – “Uncivil Rites” with Dr. Steven Salaita
- Overture Center International Festival
- One Book, Many Communities: Sharon and My Mother-in-Law discussion in Madison.
- Students for Justice in Palestine Palestinian Culture Night
- Jewish Voice for Peace Panel: Does Free Speech Apply to the Conversation on Israel?
- A Samira Counseling Project Success Story for 9-year old A’hed in Gaza
- Showing of film Standstill by Palestinian – Canadian filmmaker Majdi El-Omari and discussion with the filmmaker.
- Landmark G4S Boycott Victory with G4S leaving Israel. As anti-BDS forces are trying to “outlaw” BDS, some corporations are getting the message.
- Remembering Rachel Corrie with dessert and an eye witness report from the West Bank.
- MRSCP cosponsors a Jeff Halper talk on his new book, War Against the People: Israel, the Palestinians and Global Pacification. Halper argues that Israel’s experience in Palestine has made it a global supplier of military, security, and police forces for pacification.
- Pew Research Center study shows, for the first time ever, a subsection of Americans, “Liberal Democrats,” who sympathize more with Palestinians than Israel.
- UW-Madison Graduate Teaching Assistants Call for Divestment from Israel
- Gaza’s plight matters to the world by Elizabeth Kucinich, noting that Congressman Mark Pocan was refused entry to Gaza.
Jul – Aug 2016
- Update: Hebron Photos from Playgrounds for Palestine – Madison
- GoFundMe Request by Rafah Filmmaker Fida Qishta
- US labor board affirms union’s right to boycott Israel
- U.S. criticizes Israeli settlement expansion, demolitions
- In massive shift, Lutherans vote to halt US aid to Israel
- August 23 WORT Coverage of Rep. Mark Pocan’s Talk on Israel & Palestine
September – October 2016
- September 17, Fighting Bob Fest
- October 15, WNPJ’s 25th Anniversary Fall Assembly Celebration
- October 22, Wisconsin Book Festival: The Way to the Spring
- October 23, Israeli and Palestinian Parents Grieve, Work Together for Justice – A Parents Circle Family Forum Presentation at First Unitarian
November – Dececmber 2016
- November 20, Orchard Ridge UCC Fair Trade Fair
- November 21, Update from Anees Mansour in Rafah
- November 29, The Gaza Kitchen with Laila El-Haddad in Madison, covered by Madison365 and WORT
- December 3, Madison’s Fair Trade Holiday Festival
- December 14, Boulder-Nablus Sister City Project!
- Hope & Peace Foundation for Children – Rafah Update
- Open Doors for Refugees
- January 28, Colombia Support Network Freeze for Peace Walk/Run
- January 30, No Child Behind Bars: Living Resistance Tour
- February 6, Fighting Islamophobia
- February 7, Trump’s Policy on Palestine and the Middle East
- February 23, UW SJPs Debka Lessons Night 1
- Gaza’s Kids Need Your Help: the Samira Project continues
- February 25, International Festival at the Overture Center
- Film: Gaza in Context
- March 13, The impact of UN recognition on Palestinian public opinion
- March 15, Film: Occupation of the American Mind
- March 27, Confronting Antisemitism and Islamophobia: From the Middle Ages to Today
- March 29, Islamophobia in America with Reza Aslan
- April 2, Rachel Corrie Commemoration: Intimate Portraits of Gaza’s Lost, a presentation by the creators of #ObliteratedFamilies
- April 10, Samira Project for Traumatized Children fundraising completed at 109% of goal
- April 21 – 24, Juan Cole Programs: WORT A Public Affair with Esty Dinur, “Paganism and Muslim Peace-Building in the Mecca Period”, and “ISIL/Daesh and the Fate of Iraq in the Age of Trump”
- April 22, Peace Contingent in the Madison Climate March with the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
- April 26, Film Benefit for Open Doors for Refugees: Fire at Sea
- April 27, One Book, Many Communities: “Returning to Haifa”
May – August 2017
- MRSCP Supports the UW Associated Students of Madison resolution calling for divestment and investment transparency, May 7, 2017
- Sponsor an Orphan this Ramadan, Palestine Children’s Relief Fund, May 26 – June 25, 2017
- Feed Families in Gaza This Ramadan, Anees Mansour, May 26 – June 25, 2017
- Atfaluna Society: Help 10 Deaf, Needy Children from Gaza, June 22, 2017
- Gaza Lights for Rafah Campaign, July 19, 2017
September – October 2017
- Film: Bar Bahar/In Between, co-sponsored by the UW Middle East Studies Department and the Cinemathique film society, September 16, 2017
- Update: Completed Hebron Playground, October 7, 2017
- Farhana Khera Lecture at UW, Mildred Fish-Harnack Human Rights and Democracy Lecture, “Upholding America’s Promise for All”, October 17, 2017
- A PUBLIC AFFAIR, “Madison’s Sister Cities,” WORT 89.9FM, OCTOBER 24, 2017
- Talk and Interview with Tariq Ali, “1917-2017: Wars and Revolutions,” Havens Center Award for Lifetime Contribution to Critical Scholarship, October 19, 2017
- Wisconsin 24th State to bar or condemn Israel BDS movement, October 29, 2017
- Middle East Studies Lecture by Thomas Abowd, “Jerusalem on the Moving Edge of Colonial Rule,” November 6, 2017
- Wisconsin Union Presents Bassem Youssef, November 8, 2017
- Kathy Kelly of Voices for Creative Nonviolence, “Trillions for the Military: Will That Make Us Secure?”, Edgewood College, November 9, 2017
- Orchard Ridge UCC Fair Trade Fair,Nov 19, 2017
- Gaza Lights for Rafah Campaign completed November 27, 2017. $4,934 and 105% of the goal.
- Monona Terrace Fair Trade Holiday Festival, December 2, 2017
- Lessons and Carols for Advent, December 3, 2017, First Congregational United Church of Christ. The local Bright Stars of Bethlehem chapter presents its fourth annual Advent Lessons and Carols service to support Dar al Kalima University College in Bethlehem.
- Rabbi Arik Ascherman, “A Torah of Justice for Israel”, December 5, 2017. Co-sponsored by First Unitarian Society, J Street Madison, the Bethlehem Project of the Wisconsin Conference, United Church of Christ; Jewish Voice for Peace Madison Chapter; Shaarei Shamayim Inclusive Jewish Community; Bright Stars of Bethlehem; and Madison-Rafah Sister City Project.
- Moving Past Hate, December 10, 2017. Former White Supremacist Arno Michaelis and an Oak Creek Sikh Temple family member promote peace together. Sponsored by the City of Madison, The Goddard School, WISC-TV3, Madison Magazine, Charles and Elizabeth, BEST BRAINS, Scholz Nonprofit Law LLC, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Office of Dane County District Attorney, The Tamara D. Grigsby Office For Equity and Inclusion, Swagat Indian Restaurant-Madison, and the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism.